ePages is pleased to expand our software with the new Docdata cartridge starting with release of ePages 6.09.4 Docdata Payments can offer a wide variety of over 40 payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, direct debits, eBanking, local bank transfers, invoices, eWallets etc. Besides that Docdata Payments will expand the number of payment methods on a regular basis.
Accepting payments for online business is complex. If you are selling online as a merchant, you would like to concentrate on your core e-business without having to worry about the complexity of collecting the funds of the goods or services that have been sold. Then you can rely on the Docdata Payment Service. Docdata Payments securely processes online payments and has the tools that provide real-time and online access to your financial information. From important status information of each individual payment to complete financial reporting on your internet sales.
Secure and reliable
Docdata Payments has the highest level of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance. This is a security norm that the international card schemes (MasterCard and Visa) have developed and for which it will audit all companies that process credit card payment details. As a leading payment service provider, Docdata Payments is being audited each year and for many years Docdata Payments has been accredited for the highest level of PCI DSS compliance, giving the customers of Docdata Payments the guarantee that their payment service provider correctly manages the payment details of their end customers.
Collection and Reconciliation
An important distinguishing element of Docdata Payments' service offering is its capability to fully reconcile payments to individual merchant order information. Docdata Payments is a collecting payment service provider which means that Docdata Payments is not only technically processing payments, but is also collecting merchant funds, reconciling these funds before they are settled to the merchant.
When accepting payments that are made through different payment methods, supported by different financial institutions in different countries, you will receive settlements in different currencies, at different times, accompanied by different reports in different technical formats. Reconciling this information with the order information that you have stored in your order systems, implies the use of a large part of your financial and administrative resources.
The business benefits of Docdata Payments collection and reconciliation services are:
- One single settlement flow for all orders, independent of the payment method that the end customer has used;
- One single settlement flow for all your sales channels, (web, call centre, mail order), countries, products, etc.;
- One reporting format for all of your online sales transactions;
- Online access to real-time financial information, using the financial reporting interface of Docdata Payments;
- The financial information and payment status information can be sent to the merchants in a variety of technical formats which can automatically be uploaded to the merchant’s accounting systems, thus further automating the reconciliation functionality within the merchant’s order-to-cash process;
- Possibility to create reports and download reports from the financial reporting interface;
All the above mentioned business benefits translate in large cost- and time savings.
Volker Schwarz studied German, History and Politics at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. From 2004 to 2009 he worked as a freelancer for several marketing and communications companies in Hamburg, including e-commerce companies. Between August 2009 and December 2011, he worked as an online editor at ePages.