Getting links to your website is one of the main ways to improve the ranking of your website in search engines, and get more people visiting your website. There are a number of ways you can do this, but one thing you must not do is buy links to your website.
It is important that you do not just get other websites to link to you but that you get good quality reputable websites to link to your website.
Websites that will most likely have good link authority (that is websites that are trusted and will give your website added credibility by linking to you) will be sites that:
- Are well recognised within an industry or sector
- Have new content on a regular basis
- Are engaged regularly on social media
Here are 5 tips to help you get links to your website from across the web:
- Write good quality content that people want to link to. This is one of the most important reasons to have a blog
- Get customers and partners to link to your website.
- Get your business listed in online directories like Google Maps, Google My Business page, yell.com etc.
- If you are affiliated to any professional organisations, many will have online directories of their members. Get listed in these directories and include a link to your website.
- PR is also a great way to get links to your website. Reach out to bloggers with relevant news, offers and content and ask them to spread the word.
For more tips on how to get the most from your website and attract new customers visit http://katrinadouglas.marketing/