Web developers, SEO specialists, and businesses must look at the wider picture when implementing their SEO strategy and take certain SEO factors into consideration. We look at what these factors are and why they are important.
- Bounce Rate – A website’s bounce rate is the rate at which visitors navigate away from the site within a short period of time. Search engines look at bounce rate as an indicator of how interesting your website is to users. Generally, websites with a lower bounce rate (of below 9%) rank higher.
- Click-Through Rate – Seotribunal.com’s infographic lists click-through rate (CTR) an important factor in ranking 2018. This statistic measures how much of your content and links are actually clicked on, in particular advertisements and call to actions. Higher CTR looks favorable to search engines because it indicates that users find the presented content relevant.
- Backlinks – Backlinks are links to your website from a third-party source. Having a portfolio of quality and relevant backlinks can help greatly with SEO rankings. These backlinks can help show to search engines that your website has authority in its niche and that the information it presents is valued by the community.
- Quality of content – Long time ago, quality of the website content was not that much relevant for SEO, but in 2018, as the saying goes, content is king! It is no longer acceptable to have meaningless content stuffed with keywords. It must be relevant, engaging, and well written. High quality, consistent content always boosts your organic SEO rankings.
- Loading times – Page loading times are pretty much relevant for SEO. If your website has slow page loading times, then it will frustrate users and search engines pick up on this. ePages shops luckily have all the prerequisites for reducing the loading time. For instance, the images of your shop are automatically resized so that they perfectly fit the size of the device of the user, which means that they can get loaded quicker.
These are just a few factors to consider and there are many more that can improve your SEO as you will find out in the infographic below: