Sometimes it happens that a visitor puts items into the shopping basket of your shop but then does not place an order. In the ecommerce industry, this is called shopping basket abandonment. Would it not be great to convert these visitors to buyers and to generate additional revenue? In order to do this, you need to understand the behaviour of your customers. One of the main reasons for them to abandon the shopping cart is trust. Maybe a customer is not sure if your shop is trustworthy or does not trust in your ability to deliver the ordered items in time. Luckily, there are many strategies to change this.
In their latest free guide for online merchants, PayPal delivers practical advice on how to establish trust and raise your revenues. The guide contains 23 pages with tips and tricks for your business, delivered as a PDF file.
It includes the following topics:
- Understanding the key issues cost, privacy, professionalism, security as well as the behaviour of so called “window shoppers”
- Reassuring customers with the right shop design
- Why you should display trust marks
- How you can utilise PayPal to establish trust
- The advantages of satisfaction guarantees
You can download the guide for free on the PayPal website.