Please note: The changes will only affect you if you sell digital products or services electronically to private consumers in other EU countries.
How do I find out which ePages version my shop is running on?
In the Administration area in the main menu, select Help. At the bottom of the page, you can see the version your shop is running on.
What changes will there be in the administration area for ePages 6.17?
From mid-December 2014 there will be a new subpage in the administration area of your shop where you will be able to manage the tax matrix for digital products and services. Here you will be able to manage the two new tax classes “Digital products and services” and “eBooks”, which you can also select when creating and editing your products.
What do I need to do?
- The current VAT rates for all EU countries are already pre-set in your shop system. However, you should check these rates regularly and adjust them as necessary. As a merchant, you are responsible for ensuring that the correct VAT rates are used in your shop. You can find out more in the section below How do I check and edit the VAT rates for digital products and services for different EU countries with ePages 6.17?
- If you already offer digital products or services in your shop, you must determine the new tax class for all these products and services. You can find out more in the section below How do I set which VAT rate applies to which product?
- If you create new digital products or services, “Digital products and services” is always pre-set as a tax class. Check that it is the right tax class for this case. In particular, you must change the tax class when selling eBooks.
- When you set prices for your products, bear in mind that the gross prices you have entered are applicable for the home country of your shop. The gross price in some other countries may be higher or lower because of the different tax rates across EU countries.
How do I check and edit the VAT rates for digital products and services for different EU countries with ePages 6.17?
1. In the administration area in the main menu, select Settings then Tax calculation.
2. Select Digital products and services.
3. The table shows the different tax rates for all EU countries. Check the relevant values for the “Digital products and services” and “eBooks” tax classes.
4. If you want to amend the values, select Customise. Confirm again. Amend the values and save.
1. In the administration area in the main menu, select Products then Products.
2. The table shows an overview of all products in your online shop. Select the item number of the product you want to edit.
3. Select the tax class for this product in the section List price, order unit, tax class under Tax class.
4. Save the changes.